What is a cookie and what is it for?
A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a website and stored on the user’s browser, so that the website can consult the user’s prior activity. Cookies are essential for the functioning of the Internet, providing numerous advantages in the provision of interactive services, and making our website easier to navigate and more user friendly, by:
- Storing user names and passwords so that they do not have to be entered again.
- Conducting monitoring of purchases made in online stores.
- Using previously selected content or design options.
- Obtaining information about users’ browsing habits.
Under no circumstances can cookies damage your equipment. On the contrary, equipment where they are activated help us to identify and solve errors.
What type of cookies do we use?
There are two types of cookies, permanent and temporary (persistent and session cookies).
Persistent cookies are stored as a file on your computer or mobile device for a period of time no longer than 12 months.
Technical cookies: These are cookies that a website requires in order to function.
Analytical cookies: These are cookies that collect information about how you navigate our website, the browser model you have, the time you have spent browsing, etc.
Advertising cookies: These are cookies that can collect geographical information, in order to offer you advertising that might interest you, because it is focused on your country for example.
Session cookies are stored temporarily and disappear when you close your browser.
How can you configure or deactivate your cookies?
To allow, learn more about, block or delete the cookies installed on your equipment, you can use the configuration of the options of the browser installed on your computer.
- Firefox here:http://support.mozilla.org/es/products/firefox/cookies
- Chrome here:http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
- Explorer here:http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
- Safari here:http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
- Opera here:http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.50/es-ES/cookies.html